If you thought Descent went to the edge of 360° 3D power-blasting sensory insanity, then prepare yourself. you're about to plunge over the edge, and into the depths of Descent II.
Suddenly warped into the outer reaches of the Zeta Aquilae System, your new mission sends you into the black depths of treacherous alien mines. You blast through enemy robots with powerful new tools, leaving their flaming hulks in your exhaust. You ultimate goal: to exterminate the alien robot stronghold from the enemy Alien Base and claim total control --it's 30 new levels of outrageous destruction.
But this time, you're not alone.
Joining you on your deadly new assignment is your loyal Guide-bot. This faithful companion rushes with you through the twists and turns of the menacing darkness, often scouting ahead to hunt down the orbs, powerups and tools you desperately need to complete your job. But beware--raging enemies are still determined to destroy you, including the menacing
Thief-bot who's set on stealing your weapons of destruction and precious
powerups. Get ready--Descent II is about to take you on a whole new synapse-smashing ride.
- Spin 360 degrees in fluid, 3D
motion--the amazing experience that sent the first Descent straight to the
top of the ratings.
- Plunge down 30 new levels in
6 different worlds, including Water, Fire, Ice and the Alien Base.
- Activate your afterburner to
increase maximum speed by 100%.
- Battle 30 new, highly
intelligent robot enemies--some that suck energy and track you down
wherever you go.
- 10 more ultra-destructive weapons that you can prioritize any way you like - when your favorite gun runs out of ammo, your second choice is already set to start blasting!
- Full-motion CD-ROM movies, headlight beams you can toggle on and off.
- A new weapon-sharing option (any time, anywhere!), and a real-time camera view from your partner's cockpit.
- Navigate the deep, dark
tunnels with a new Floodlight powerup you can turn on and off.
- All set to a metal-grinding pulse-pounding rock score by Ogre of Skinny Puppy!
- IBM/Tandy & 100% compatibles
- 486DX-50 or faster [Pentium(tm) processor
- 8MB RAM (16MB if running from Win 95)
[16 MB recommended]
- 30 MB hard drive space
- 256 color VGA or SVGA monitor
- Sound card [stereo 16-bit sound card with General MIDI support
Where to Buy?
Good Old Games
Microsoft Supplemental and
Replacement Parts: 1.800.360.7561 or try
Some information on this page provided by Interplay
Productions and Parallax